By Alison Baumgartner
Welcome to #FoCoArt, where residents can share their experiences of arts and humanities throughout Fort Collins to celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month. Post your photos on social media using #FoCoArt and enter to win one of four great prizes!
– Prize 1: FOUR (4) Fort Collins Museum of Discovery guest passes
– Prize 2: TWO (2) tickets to the national tour of Once at The Lincoln Center
– Prize 3: TWO (2) tickets to any Bas Bleu Theatre Co. show during the 2016/2017 season
– Prize 4: TWO (2) tickets to Fort Collins Children’s Theatre’s production of Beauty and the Beast
This is a subjective contest, and chance plays no part in the determination of winning.
1. Contest is open to all residents within Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming. (City of Fort Collins employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter)
2. Contest begins October 3 at 12:01 a.m. MT and ends October 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. MT.
3. To enter, share your photo to #FoCoArt via Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. You may also email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Arts and Humanities Entry”. Alternatively, entries can be mailed to: City of Fort Collins, 215 N. Mason St., 3rd Floor CPIO, Fort Collins CO, 80524. Entry must include your full name and contact information. Entry must also include a parent or legal guardian’s full name, telephone number and email address if under the age of 18.
4. Entry must be received by the City of Fort Collins no later than 11:59 p.m. MT on October 31, 2016 by social media, email or mail. No other method of entry will be accepted.
5. The City reserves the right to reject any or all submissions at any time for any reason in the review and selection process.
6. Contact and shipping information collected will be used for the purposes of this contest only and will not be used for marketing or other purposes.
7. All entries must be entirely created by the entrant.
8. Photographs that include logos, copyrighted or trademark images, advertisements or political, commercial, religious or sexual symbols, themes or messages will not be accepted.
9. Photographs should be appropriate for a diverse, broad-based audience of all ages.
10. Entries will be judged by City of Fort Collins staff based on creativity, composition and subject. Two winners will be determined by the judges at their sole discretion. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in all respects.
11. All winners will be selected on or about November 7, 2016. We will contact the potential winners by email on or about November 7, 2016. The name and entry will be posted on the City Website on or about November 10, 2016.
12. The prize will be awarded to the winners by Historic Preservation.
13. Non-compliance or return of prize notification as undeliverable, whether by email or telephone, may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative potential winner.
14. The City of Fort Collins may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. In the event of insufficient entries for a category, a winner may not be chosen.
15. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
16. Prizes will ship on or about July 20, 2016.
17. By participating, Contest entrants represent that they (1) have complied with these Official Contest Rules; (2) have received parental consent (if under 18) and grant the City of Fort Collins the right to use his or her name and likeness, (3) release the City of Fort Collins from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, and (4) agree to execute an affidavit of eligibility/prize acceptance form and publicity release if requested to do so, all without further compensation.
18. By participating, Contest entrants further affirm that the City has permission to use the photo in any way related to the project; that the submission is the contest entrant’s original creation, and does not include or copy work that belongs to other people.
19. The City of Fort Collins is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, or incomplete/incorrect entries.
20. The City of Fort Collins reserves the right to disqualify anyone who attempts to tamper or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of the promotion.
21. For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to The City of Fort Collins at the above-address; Attn: CPIO 2016 Arts and Humanities Contest. Please specify which item you are requesting.